We are currently accepting applications from designers, stage managers, and technical directors.
Check back in March for more information about acting with NTSA.
The National Theatre for Student Artists (NTSA) is excited to begin accepting applications for its inaugural design and technical team. NTSA will be producing two one-act plays written by student playwrights (from the Educational Theatre Association’s Thespian Playworks competition) in August 2013.
• Currently hiring: set designer, lighting designer, costume designer, sound designer
• Work with directors to develop a cohesive vision for the production
• Work with producers to create and manage departmental budgets
• Analyzes scripts and conducts external research to develop a design concept
• Presents renderings, plots, and models for approval and makes changes as directed
• Work with technical director to schedule, direct, and coordinate construction
• Assists with striking all materials utilized in the production
• Schedule and manage rehearsals
• Record blocking and cues in the prompt book
• Facilitate communication regarding rehearsals, production meetings, fittings, and coaching sessions
• Call cues during all performances
• Ensure that all props are available during rehearsals and performances
• Mark out floorplan during rehearsals
• Work with technical director to create shift plot
• Manage all technical components of the production during both rehearsal and performance
• Lead set construction
• Lead light hang and focus
• Work with directors to plan and execute a successful tech week
• Work with designers to schedule, direct, and coordinate construction
• Work with stage managers to create shift plot
NTSA seeks applicants who exemplify the following characteristics:
• Leadership and entrepreneurial mindset: Designers, stage managers, and technical directors will be expected to work strategically to maximize production quality and company experience. As such, all company members must be innovative and ambitious, quickly adjusting to new circumstances and making a major impact with limited resources.
• Passion for entertainment: Designers, stage managers, and technical directors must support NTSA’s mission to create groundbreaking student theater. Interest and passion for the entertainment industry is essential.
• Teamwork skills: Designers, stage managers, and technical directors will work collaboratively with many additional company members, including (but not limited to) directors, performers, and professional mentors. They will regualarly need to communicate and collaborate with others to reach their goals successfully.
Completed applications should include:
• One letter of recommendation from a teacher
• Set/Costume Design: Image files of FOUR renderings or photographs from productions
• Lighting Design: Image files of ONE light plot and FOUR photographs from productions
• Sound Design: TWO audio files of music and/or sound compositions
• Stage Managers: FIVE pages of supplemental material (pages from prompt books, schedules, shift plots, etc)
• Technical Directors only have to submit a resume and letter of recommendation.
Application Deadline: Email application by February 23, 2012 at 11:59 PM (LaGuardia students: Email firstname.lastname@example.org if an extension will be necessary for your application.)
Please email the completed application to email@example.com.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.