We are currently accepting applications from designers only.
Check back in March for more information about acting with NTSA.
The National Theatre for Student Artists (NTSA) is excited to begin accepting applications for its inaugural design team. NTSA will be producing two one-act plays written by student playwrights (from the Educational Theatre Association’s Thespian Playworks competition) in August 2013.
If selected for the design team, you will complete work in one of the following areas of production process:
• Design a total of nine costumes for two contemporary one-act plays
• Should have previous experience in fashion design
• Design one set that can be used for two contemporary one-act plays
• Should have previous experience in architecture and/or interior design
• Design posters, postcards, and other promotional materials for the production
• Should have previous experience in graphic design, drawing, and/or painting
• Work with directors to develop a cohesive vision for the production
• Work with producers to create and manage departmental budgets
• Analyze scripts and conduct external research to develop a design concept
• Present renderings, plots, and models for approval and makes changes as directed
• Work with technical director to schedule, direct, and coordinate construction
• Assist with striking all materials utilized in the production
NOTE: Designers DO NOT need to know how to build their designs. Costume designers do not need to know sewing; set designers do not need to know construction. Designers only need to be able to create drawings of their designs.
NTSA seeks applicants who exemplify the following characteristics:
• Leadership and entrepreneurial mindset: Designers, stage managers, and technical directors will be expected to work strategically to maximize production quality and company experience. As such, all company members must be innovative and ambitious, quickly adjusting to new circumstances and making a major impact with limited resources.
• Passion for entertainment: Designers, stage managers, and technical directors must support NTSA’s mission to create groundbreaking student theater. Interest and passion for the entertainment industry is essential.
• Teamwork skills: Designers, stage managers, and technical directors will work collaboratively with many additional company members, including (but not limited to) directors, performers, and professional mentors. They will regularly need to communicate and collaborate with others to reach their goals successfully.
Completed applications should include:
• Application form: pdf | doc
• Scans of THREE work samples (drawings, paintings, sketches, digital art, photographs of models/sculptures, etc)
Application Deadline: March 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.