The National Theatre for Student Artists (NTSA) is excited to begin accepting applications for its inaugural producing team, consisting of eight student producers who will lead the marketing, development, and casting departments for an off-Broadway show in August 2013. NTSA will be producing two one-act plays written by student playwrights for the Educational Theatre Association’s Thespian Playworks competition.
In this program, students will work with real budgets and real employees to reach goals that have a real impact on both the production and the organization. Students will develop their communication, teamwork, and leadership skills through a structured weekly curriculum and sessions with professional producers. For students who are interested in management, finance, or marketing, this program provides the opportunity to gain real-world experience before even graduating from high school.
Students will be completely responsible for the following:
Marketing and Public Relations
• Design and execute social media and print marketing campaigns
• Develop partnerships with local youth organizations to distribute tickets
Development and Donor Relations
• Create and manage the production budget
• Identify and approach prospective individual and corporate donors
• Plan and execute donor cultivation events
• Identify ways of minimizing expenses and maximizing profits
• Engage donors who attend performances
Casting and Company Management
• View high school plays and connect with potential new company members
• Manage auditions
• Plan and execute company-wide social events
NTSA seeks applicants who exemplify the following characteristics:
• Leadership and entrepreneurial mindset: Producers will be expected to work strategically to maximize production quality and company experience. As such, producers must be innovative and ambitious, quickly adjusting to new circumstances and making a major impact with limited resources.
• Passion for entertainment: Producers must support NTSA’s mission to create groundbreaking student theater. Interest and passion for the entertainment industry is essential.
• Teamwork skills: Producers will work as a team to collaboratively manage all of the departments listed above. They will regualarly need to work with others to reach their goals successfully.
Completed applications should include:
• Application form: pdf | doc
• A copy of the student’s most recent report card
• One letter of recommendation from a teacher
Application Deadline: Postmarked by December 8, 2012
Please email the completed application to email@example.com or mail to:
National Theatre for Student Artists
PO Box 685
Williamsville, NY 14231
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.